Client: B&G Foods North America
Location: Nine US States
B&G needed a high level of support to make sure that all of its facilities had an effective program for achieving compliance with complex environmental regulations. Already familiar with POWER’s thorough services at one of its plants, B&G asked POWER to provide environmental compliance oversight at its other facilities as well. This includes overseeing environmental permitting, reporting and compliance at B&G’s seven food processing plants located in Maine, Vermont, New Jersey, Maryland, Wisconsin and North Carolina, and three warehouses located in Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Texas.
- Kept processes moving smoothly by creating a comprehensive calendar listing the environmental reports, inspections, testing, employee training and other items that each site needed in order to comply with regulations.
- Kept costs down by working closely with B&G’s corporate environment, health and safety manager and plant personnel to use company resources and POWER expertise effectively.
- Multiple environmental permits for air, water and waste discharges for each of seven food processing plants
- Periodic environmental reports to federal, state and local agencies for B&G’s food processing plants
- Reports for emergency planning and response agencies about hazardous chemicals on-site
- Quantify B&G’s carbon footprint each year as required by a customer
- Evaluate new regulations and create a strategy to comply with them
- Compliance audits
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans
- Oil Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure Plans
- Reports for environmental regulatory agencies